Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ARCHIVED REVIEW: The Man Who Was Thursday (10/29/10)



The Man Who Was Thursday
by G.K. Chesterton

After a heated, but supposedly theoretical, debate about anarchism at an evening garden party, poet Gregory Syme finds himself leaping headlong into an dangerous mission to infiltrate the powerful anarchist cell in the city. But nothing is as it seems.

I loved this book! Every time I thought I knew what was going on, GK threw a curve ball at me. And even when I discovered what was going on before it happened, it was still a delight to watch it unfold. It gets a bit allegorical, but it is so beautiful and satisfying that I didn't really care.

And GK's writing is incredibly Neil Gaimany, especially in his character descriptions of the anarchist council. Its like a Sandman pantheon. I can see how Neil was influenced by GK.

If you liked this book, you may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment