Thursday, October 13, 2011

Welcome to Palimpsest!


Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to my new book review blog! I have decided to separate my personal blog from my reviews so that those who come for my reviews don't have to listen to my life story, and those who come to hear about my day won't be bombarded with books. Also in this way, I can step out into a more public forum and share reviews with a wider audience.

As you can see, I have re-posted all previous reviews onto this blog, tagged, and cross-referenced them so they are more easy to find.

This blog has a more specific focus than my previous blog. The name "Palimpsest" refers to parchment that people used to recycle by scraping the text off, and writing on it again. Often, the old text would re-emerge and both texts would be visible. This is the bent of my blog: to review books that spin new tales out of old cloth, dare to ask "what if," give an eccentric perspective, or smash two genres together to create something new. This will encompass alternate histories, steampunk, fairy tale adaptations, literary riffs, time travel, historical fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, genre-bending books, and anything else that has been put in the literary space/time blender.

I will occasionally review books that are difficult to cram into this mission statement, but I will label them "non-mission."

I'm really excited to share these books with you!

Photo from:http://www.flickr.com/photos/charcoal_filtered_media/5493367116/ 

1 comment:

Post a Comment